Monday, November 22, 2010

PASSIONATE

I am very passionate about photography and wine. I am also VERY tired. It is 12:15 a.m. Orlando time and only 9:15 p.m. Napa time. I am going to post a few photos and hit the hay. Our first day was wonderful. At any given moment, I could have snapped a shot and it would have been of something gorgeous. I mean the vineyards, the river, the wineries, the food, the town...EVERYTHING. For those of you who have been out here before know what I'm talkin' about!


Here is how our day went in a few short words.  The below 2 photos are a couple from our commute from San Fran to Napa.  Just a bunch of touristy shots from the car...

 



We checked into our hotel to drop our bags off and then hit the road for some food and wine.  The is our view from the room.

This is just one shot of many (and we will be going back) of the Public Market.  It had ALL sorts of mini restaurants and shops and markets.  This is a shot of some of the cheeses at the bar in the back.  We went back up front and had authentic Mexican, sangria and a flight of beer.

This is a shot from Clos Du Val.  My favorite wineery of the day.  We bought 2 bottles from this winery and the gentleman who served us, Gonzalo, has a daughter who attends UCF.  Scott said he had graduated from UCF as well and then all of the chatting and FREE tasting began.  We sipped a Chard that was $24 a bottle all the way to a Cab RESERVE that was $125 a bottle.  Delish.
 We made a pit stop up a mountain.  Scott tends to go places he is not supposed to.  We ended up on the top where a private B&B sat.  It was right before sunset and was absolutely gorgeous.  This photo does even come close to capturing the moment.  My apologies....


Below is Stag's Leap Wine Cellar.  Look closely..who is that smooching couple in the window???
A friend from work told me I HAD TO visit PlumpJack winery.  I could not find info on it to save my life and as we were taking some back roads during sunset, we just happened to drive right into the driveway.  They were tiny and not open.  We are going to try again tomorrow. 

PlumpJack Vineyard
 
We ended up back in Downtown Napa for dinner.  I came across this place while researching online and we happened to run into it as well.  BBQ/wine bar on 1st street.
 Scott's dinner:  pulled pork sandwich and cole slaw.  We had an assortment of marinated olives for an app.
 My dinner:  spring mix salad with added blue cheese.  It was extra but so worth it.  They had feature cheese selections to choose from that you could add to your salad.  Oh, and jalepeno cornbread of course!


 Goodnight to all...









1 comment:

  1. Love it! Great photos babe! I wish I was in your pocket right now - or just at the table sippin' some vino with ya.

    ReplyDelete